Did your husband go church with you? Have you seen any affect on going church?

I'm starting to going church and making a good change in my life, but my husband refuse to go with me and at all. Everybody tells me he will change with time if he sees good changes in me. That all that comes with time. How long before your husband started to go church with you? Is church having an impact in your matrimony life?

violetlady

Asked by violetlady at 2:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• He started going with me while we were dating. If not for Christ, we would probably be divorced by now. All you can do is keep trying and keep your faith strong. Buy the book The Love Dare and work through it. If may get his attention. He may not change, though. But your relationship with God is more important than that. Keep up your end and hopefully he will follow :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Every marriage is different. My husband used to go then stopped 11 yrs ago. He is now divorcing me. Refuses to have anything to do with God. All you can do is pray for your husband and let God do the rest. Mine made a choice to leave, I chose not to leave God. It hurt our marriage. However God is much greater :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Mine goes with us occasionally. Before he wouldn't set foot inside a church, and made it hard for me to serve God. Church hasn't changed him, but prayer has! He is more than a little interested in the things of God. It's been exactly 2 years and 3 months since my husband became my "prayer project".
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• mie goes every sunday cause he really believes in this church and has a strong faith in it. he didn't before we married but i told him i wanted someone that would. now he goes he goes more often then me but i have a new born and our church starts @ 8am so to early for me to go. i'm grateful that i have a husband that sets the example for my children. i would just tell your husband why you need him to go and to do it for you. the rest should fall into place.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My husband has always gone to Church with me ever since we got married...however, I have seen an INCREASE in his spirituality and Christian attitude over the years. He's more generous now than he was in the beginning of our marriage, and a lot more in-tune with what our faith teaches and understands it better than when we first got married.

Pray for your husband. One day he might surprise you and decide he wants to come with you.
    MamaBee07

Answer by MamaBee07 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• It was the other way around for my husband and I. I wanted nothing to do with church before we started dating, but our first date was for his nephew's baptism (we were friends prior to that). He's still usually the one that suggests we go to church.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My husband and I were both raised in church. However, we both had to choose to have a relationship with God. That is not guaranteed with church attendance. I have known many people in your situation, and all you can do is pray and trust God. You personally will not be able to change your husband's mind. God can deal with your husband's heart and it's all in God's timing, not yours. You being an awesome example to him and living your life for Christ should really help. Be the best possible wife and mother you can be. Just try and live everyday for Christ and for his glory. Your husband will see what amazing changes God has made in your life. More than likely he will come around. Just realize it may not be as fast as you want it to happen. God works in mysterious ways!
    ChereseB

Answer by ChereseB at 12:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2010