What to do about mom always wanting to come to playdates?

My son enjoys inviting his friends over (he's 8) after school and I don't mind at all. We have friends that my son likes playing with and the mom and I are friends, but whenever they play we always have to do a "playdate"- we are neighbors so it would be easy enough to just drop off sometimes, but she never seems to want to do that-- which always ends up being an at least 2 hour visit- sometimes I don't have the time or the energy, but I want my son to enjoy her kids company. How do I politely say, please don't come with them!?! They are 8 and 10, we know each other very well!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• You should just say.."I would love for the kids to come play but I have a bunch of chores to do, so I'll drop them off later.." She might be happy with some alone time as well..
    Anonymous

• Why not send your kids to her house?
    I know I am not comfortable with my child going over someones house alone, neighbor or not!
    Anonymous