How do I keep hot dog buns warm?

I'm serving hot dogs to my son's basketball team tomorrow night. Although teenage boys will eat anything that doesn't eat them first, I'd like to serve the hot dog buns warm. Will need about 20 buns warm at one time, with another 20 warm shortly after.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Dyndudes

Asked by Dyndudes at 3:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• a crock post would work, if you have an outlet available. or wrap the warm buns in several layers of newspaper to hold the heat in. There are flat crockery squares for that purpose- keeping dinner rolls warm, they should be available in a kitchen store or area. It seems regardless like a lot to do when the youngsters will be glad even for cold rolls.

Answer by Bmat at 3:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• As long as the hot dogs are hot, I don't see why the rolls would have to be warm..
    Anonymous

• barbecuingWell for starters here at home I just stick them in the microwave for 30 seconds, but if you are going to be outside I would suggest you get a big pot with less than half of water and boil it but it has to have a type of rack on top of the water with a lid and make sure you leave a tiny crack so they don't get too soggy... also make sure they do not touch just enough for the buns to get steamy and lay your buns on top that way the buns with stay nice and warm and will be ready to grab as soon as you are it can stay in there long just as long as they don't get wet. Sorry this is all I thought of...GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I am sorry I hope you understood my answer but make sure you lay the buns on the rack and close the lid.

I just felt like I did not make my self clear I hope you know how it is when you have kids screaming and yelling while trying to type I just couldn't concentrate. Have Fun!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• steaming them is the best way....If you can get a pan full of steaming hot water and put the bund on top say on a wire rack or even use your steaming veggie pan
    lesliegail22

Answer by lesliegail22 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• One thing I have done before is take the buns out of the package, place the cooked hotdogs in the buns and then palace them back in the bun bag and seal it up make like a steamer sack, keeps em warm!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2010