At what age?

At what age did you start having your daughters wear bras all the time? My daughter is greatly developed and she is also somewhat of a tomboy so its not always easy for me to get her to wear one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My DD is also on the tomboy side. I bought her some sports bras instead of a "real" looking bra. She is fairly well developed, especially since she just turned 10. I bought them for her at the end of last school year and we worked on her wearing them all throughout the summer. Now she rarely forgets and has seen that her clothing looks much cuter with the bra. Scary!!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My mom started off with sports bra for me, because i didnt like the idea of a real bra just yet. I think it was in like 5th grade, maybe fourth. I know it was just whenever I started "showing" so we picked out a bra. I got to pick it out, so that may help your daughter too, getting to pick her own with you. Then, as she gets older, you could introduce real bras and such, just depends on her.
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My daughter is 13 and still wears the tank tops with the bras built in, but she is super skinny and pretty flat. Some of her friends started needing to wear actual bras several years ago. When you think she needs one is the right time to do it, but respect her wishes to some extent by buying sports bras rather than pretty lacy ones.
    Anonymous

• I was a tomboy. My mom bought me some at 11, without discussing it with me. I didn't choose to wear them until I was 13.
    Anonymous

• I was a tomboy, but I went to Portugal for vacation, and thats where I found my feminine side. Its good to look nice, I greatly developed as well my 10 and 12 year olds where makeup, have cell phones, bras, and all but one has gotton their period. It will make them seem less jumpy when you jump, so I would explain that to her.
    NatiMarti

Answer by NatiMarti at 1:47 AM on Feb. 10, 2010