How to deal w/a spoiled SIL??

I need to know how somebody else would handel this because what I WAS doing I don't think thats going to work for much longer. I have a SIL that is totally spoiled that you can't even disagree w/her even when she asks your oppinion. It's not just me but my Mom has experienced this too. My Mom is actually scared to be around her because she will ask a question"What do you think of da,da,da and when you answer in your honest oppnion she gets mad. My Mom lives out of state and told me that is scared to even be around her because she wants to get along so badly but everytime she comes to visit or they come to visit she starts yelling at her. I have in the past done the same,I just live my life and try to stay as far away as I can from my bro and sil but it's hard because we both have kids. We live close (mom is lucky because avoiding her is easy) My mom lives outta state. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Next time she asks say "I don't have an opinion on that" and if she tries to push change the subject. There are people in this world who like to think themselves as great debaters but in reality they just want to express their opinion. With someone like this it's just best to not even engage her. Tell your mom to do the same. GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• OP here~That's really hard. Last night,she asked me if my bro's hair had a red tint toit as a kid. I told her NO and I swear,that is a fact. She has asked me that before and I told her that he has always had the same hair color (my nephew was born w/red hair) I guess that ppl are driving them crazy because neither of them has it BUT I have red hair both me cousins have it and a lot of ppl on her side do too. She has been asking me this like evry time I see her. I told her last night that I see a lot of her dad and her family in both their kids,I thought she was going to strangle me! If looks could kill I would not be here. She then said They are all (my brothers name) She seems to want to villify me and my mom. It's just easier to stay away but it's sad for the kids and hard on my family.
    Anonymous

• Yikes! Over hair color! Maybe she's just one of those people who "have" to be right! It makes me wonder what type of childhood she had. And to assume you implied they weren't your brothers children! She sounds like a piece of work! I would try to stick to weather and sports! Lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Lol!! I never implied That! Maybe that is what she was thinking? I dunknow? I mean I'm a red head,it's in the genetics. This is really hard. My Mom is in a painic because they are coming to visit her on 2/12. My poor Mom:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2010