The Sunrise Stagger Initiative

It has come to my attention that so many people are distracted by combating Climate Change, they have not realized there is another dastardly phenomenon happening in our midst every day. Each morning, the sun rises a little bit further over than it did the day before. I believe it is imperative we begin lobbying our legislature to investigate the impact and whether or not the balance of body mass across the planet is causing the Earth to rotate differently. It seems there may also be a connection to shifting sunsets and moon rise and setting as well. Won't you join me in starting the Sunrise Stagger Initiative? With just a few donations and possibly Al Gore's publicity manager, I hope that we too can talk Bono into jetting in to play our first national convention.

It's not too late. If we begin now, perhaps we can stop this horrible shifting of the sunrise. Do we have your support?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NP, I will do anything I can to help. I will hold fundraisers, lobby my legislators...ANYTHING. This is clearly a crisis that needs our full attention. It is my understanding that there is a very slim window to avoid a complete galactic catastrophe. This is much more serious than global warming or climate change.
    Anonymous

• You know what's funny? SOME people will say that they've ALWAYS supported this initiative, and have donated their time and money to the cause!!! It SOUNDS plausible, doesn't it?! LMAO!!!

spinning globe

(I think it has something to do with this sweetpea! LOL)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Sorry NP, but I support the idea of the sun staying up a little longer each day. I am desperately hoping it will melt off the 5 feet of snow in our yard. It's just amazing how global warming can double the snow fall in our region!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Mancos! What about the children????
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Believe it or not, When I left work Sunday I gave a girl a ride home and made a comment about the days are getting longer and she did not understand why. I explained the earth rotation stuff to her and she had no clue. She said "So the earth moved and now it's going back to where it's susposed to be?" I was pretty well flaberghasted. No wonder her little girl was removed from her and is being raised by the Dad's parents.
    Anonymous

• I know this was intended as SARCASM, but I have come across people in my travels who would believe this:

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• NP is right everyone. We have to think about the children. No sacrifice is too great.

LOL ^^^^^^^ That is hilarious!!!! Remember the Dihydrogen Monoxide hoax? People will believe anything if you spin it right.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• The children? THE CHILDREN? The little buggers are out sledding! Can you believe it?

I expose my children to sub-freezing temperatures and let them slide on China-made, probably BPA-contaminated plastic sleds at high speeds! AHHHHH!!!!!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Unbelievable. I suppose next you'll tell us they are allowed to watch TV and use scissors with a point too?????
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I guess you're talking about the natural results of the tilt of the axis of the earth...wow, I never knew you could word the seasons to sound so nefarious :)
    Anonymous