Elemetary School Year Books: Yay or Nay?

Does your child's school have them? Do you buy one?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 3:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• they have one, but we don't buy it.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My school had them. We bought them...I still like looking at them. My son's schools had them, I bought them. We still love them.

My school didn't get them until I was in 3rd..I am still mad about that. My son got them in Kindergarten. We love to look back on everyone at that age, and good friends that moved away.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My mom bought one for me when i was little. ...but she didn't keep it away from me so i wrote all over it and whatever. I think if you buy it then keep it up and away from the child until they are older unless you are looking at it together or with supervision.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• yes and deff yes! I love my old year books and I am sure my son will to! They are memories of their school years, who they went to school with what teachers they had who they liked and had crushes on! They are also great for later in life when a stranger walks up and has this huge conversation with you and you have to run back home and look through them to see who it was..lmao! :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 4:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i had them as a kid and enjoyed having them. we have gotten them a couple times for my SD but I am not sure if we will this year or not. i think the last time we paid for one and never got it. we may leave it up to her BM.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I got them a few times for my daughters but they weren't worth it. They destroyed them within a few months of getting them and they cost $15 each and they just had individual pictures of the kids/falculty in them. No special shots.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Our school has them, but I don't buy them yet. Our school is a K-8 school, and I probably won't start buying them until 5th or 6th grade.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2010