Comfort Items: Did or does your child have one?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 3:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• right now i think im the comfort item lol... he refuses anyone else to hold him or he screams... he is only 4weeks old!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• yes, my oldest has a piggy she got when she was newborn (he shared her isolette in NICU) and a crochet blanket from MIL, #2 has a velvet yellow blanket, and youngest has the most - she's got 2 monkeys (littlepetshop), a hippo, and a ton of blankets that she loves. they're 8,6 and 3 and still sleep with their comfort things. they stay home except for sleepovers and camping trips.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Yes - my oldest had his paci, my 2nd had a stuffed My First Elmo, and my youngest had a small blanket bear that he carries everywhere. The older two have obvioulsy discarded theirs, my 14 month old still has his.

Answer by missanc at 4:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My ds has his paci, he is 2...I am ready for him to let it go...we are having another baby in 7 weeks so hopefully by then we can convince him to give them to his sister. My issue is my ds is as big as a 4 yr old...so when he has it I get lots of "looks".
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010