has other moms felt like they dont know who they are any more

my son is 15 months old and i planned for my son i always wanted a baby i tried for 2 years. i love my son with all my heart but i feel like i lost a sence on who i am i go to worl every day and come home to my job as a mom i feel like i have no time for me and me and my husband havent been on a date sence my son has been born n one will baby sit or watch him its just i lost a sense on who i am just my sons mom now im pregnent with my second child and i feel like im gonna be more confined like i said i love my son hes my whole world but i just feel so alone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I think every mom feels like this at some point. Make an extra effort to have date nights alone with your DH, get a babysitter. Even supermoms need a day off.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 4:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Only every day. I had our second baby last year and had thought since things were going well finally with all parts of our life, we could have a second baby. Things are crap again. I'm a SAHM and have been at home for so long that when I remember the person I was, I feel like I'm looking at someone else. I wanted to go back to work but don't want to spend $800 to $1000, about three quarters of my earnings, a month on daycare and not know for sure that my kids are being taken care of properly. DH and I haven't been on a date night in months. I don't even remember the last time we got to be alone. He gets his guy's night out though. I don't get time out. Lonely does not even begin describe how I feel. We're also strapped financially. So I'm about to go back to school. I'm going to be taking online classes for a job I can do at home.

Hugs to you, OP. I know how you feel.
    Anonymous

• bouncingThe good part is that when they grow up and leave you get to find yourself again!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I believe we all feel like this as moms much of the time. It comes from taking care of little ones who can't take care of themselves, having responsibilities that take all of our time and having to split time between work, household, children and husband and hopefully friends. It is also very difficult to explain this to a man when you are a SAHM. No amount of explaining will make it clear it must be experienced as a woman, a mama. Break away when you can and hang on til then. They grow so fast and their childhood will be gone before we know it.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2010