5 1/2 months pregnant and have headaches and dizzyness what to do?

Was wondering what i needed to do have been getting dizzy and having really bad headaches not sure what i need to do?

newmomat20

Asked by newmomat20 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You may be having problems with low blood sugar and may need to eat 5 or 6 small meals a day or 3 meals and 2 snacks. High protein or fiber foods are better than sugary foods like candy.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I'd go to the doctor, I was getting dizzy when I was pregnant and it was because my blood pressure sky rocketed. I ended up having to be in the hospital to get monitored. So yeah, call your doc and if he/she is worried def get it checked out!
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 4:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• If you are having sudden headaches and dizzy spells, call your doctor. it could be your blood pressure.
    Anonymous

• dont sit up to fast. and eat like 6 small meals.
    Anonymous

• ck with your dr for your bp but also try a chiropractor. I work at one and we have prego women all the time that come and get adjusted. pregancy can cause headaches, but most likey you have a underlying conditions and the weight gain and etc is causing it to show up.
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 5:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• The PPs are right-- it's either blood sugar or blood pressure or both.

Get a lot of water in your system now. No matter what the cause, you need the fluid. Dehydration can cause dizziness, headaches, and low blood pressure.

Call your doc. You can probably get a blood sugar and blood pressure monitor for at home. Your doc can give you tips on what is right for your pregnancy when these lows and highs occur. If you have the home monitors you'll always know what's going on.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I would call your doctor and lay down.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• May be high blood pressure. Call the doc.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2010