I hate the word Normal but....

I honestly hate asking about if things are normal, its hard to say with kids they all grow and develop differently...but i just have to ask...

Were your 1 year olds rocking alot when they were excited or heard music? Is that common and normal!? My son is forever rocking back and forth when hes excited or hears any kind of music...I know he gets the head motion from his father and myself...but none of us rock...so i know he isnt mimicking that....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my one year old also does that everytime he hears music!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I remember my daughter doing it.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My son went side to side. Still does at 2.5. We decided a long time ago that's how he dances, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• It may be a good thing. My 16 mo grandson loves music and his favorite thing to do at my house is to watch music videos. He rocks, bounces, dances, moves his hands, and does other things when he listens to music. He has favorites. I encourage it.

He likes the video for Fireflies by Owl City a lot. I bought tickets and we are going to take him to his first concert. I think he is going to have a blast. At Christmas he saw a band at a mall and it was like he thought you only saw music on the computer or TV and he was so happy seeing it in real life.

When he was a baby I put him to sleep with James Blunt. He likes Jack Johnson, Train, Santana, Colby Caillat, Rob Thomas, lots of 70s soft rock, Coldplay, Nickelback, Lifehouse. He knows more music than his father.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I understand being uncomfortable about asking if things are "Normal". I prefer to use the word "Typical".
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2010