Where are all the jobs?

I just moved back here from moving to wisconsin for the past 6 years. I am a Interior Designer by trade and would love to get back in it. I need to find work quickly as I said I just moved back here from out of state. I had no choice but to leave my younger son with his dad because of the state laws. I was a stay at home mom until by husband would get a bug and kick me and my older son out with no where to go. So being unemployed and no money saved...I need a miracle to happen NOW! I'm very smart and love to work and I'm very responsible, I just need to prove to myself and my husband I can do this without his help. If anyone knows of a place that would even be entry level or is in the field of Design that would be perfect. I'm also daily on all the 'Job" sites. I thank you for your help. Christina

tucsonmomof2

Asked by tucsonmomof2 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• Perhaps you should email this question to the President. Not being rude, just keeping it real. He said he'd create 3 million jobs and turns out we've lost over 7 million jobs. (he said that last night on tv)
    Anonymous

• You might offer your services on line with your own web site. At some point a house or business will need to be show cased for a sale.  http://www.indeed.com/q-Interior-Designer-jobs.html   The real in demand jobs are Web Design and Programming. Check with Realtors trying to sell homes.

Kim176

Answer by Kim176 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Do you have an updated Linkedin profile? What kind of networking are you doing? Have you had any informational interviews? What professional associations do you belong to? How are you conduction your jobsearch?

I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly. –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I agree, we should ask the President. Promises Promises!!!!!! What a crock of S.... I have been looking for work for 7 months with over 500 applications out there and nothing. If you find out pls let me know.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 11:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Have you researched at home opportunities? i am a member of www.bendmoms.com
    They are why people are able to make extra income and eventually work hard to work 100% from home. Just a thought :)
    Heart_Hopes

Answer by Heart_Hopes at 10:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2010