Is anyone else like me?

I'm very friendly but alot of the time, I would rather be by myself. I don't have many friends, just 1 or 2 close ones, and the rest of my "friends" are my sister and my cousins. I have lived in my apt complex for a year and don't know any of my neighbors, except the mom of my son's friend. We only talk on the phone if one of the boys wants to spend the night at the other's. One of my close friends used to move around alot and I swear by the end of week one, she would be buddies with all her neighbors! I would rather hang out with my kids at home or at the park then plan a playdate or find a group of moms to hang out with. Does this seem weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope! Sounds like me! I just stay at home all the time and have "friends" invite me out, but I don't ever feel like going out, so they pretty much quit trying. I like spending all the time I can with my DD while she is this age.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I love people, but I like being on my own, too. I had a friend, who has since moved, but she would enter a room and in an hour she'd know everybody's name and the names of their children and what they did for a living and their life's history. I would still be struggling to learn first names. It must be great to be so sociable.

Answer by Bmat at 4:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• no..i'm that way. there is a woman at my son's prek that has asked me for a playdate and i have never taken my son to one so i am very nervous. I'm such a homebody and would much rather keep to myself but i don't want my son to miss out. I just worry what may become of this "play date" if i do go... i got all these questions going through my head... i just wonder if its gonna turn into her wanting to have sleep overs or her wanting to come over to my house and spend hours at a time and me go to her house...My husband tells me i need to relax that i'm acting like i'm going on a real date but it feels like thats what it really is!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• well i dont know who my neighbors are either, do people even have time for get togethers these days. i spend more time with family or cousins, i think they're worth making time for more than friends. i'd like t have more friends. i only see them on occasions. life's tougher these days, for me anyway. i'm alot like u. i dont wanna miss out on my kids or husband so...i dunno. i do wish i can have friends like on desperate housewives though where they got eachother's back n tell eachother everything n live down the street, that would be very convenient. but trust me u r the average mom.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Yeah I'm like that too. I get invited out and to playdates but I end up not going. I'd rather stay in and be with my kids and husband and not have to bother with getting ready but I am bad though cause I wear makeup every single day unless I'm sick and thats when I need it the most!
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 5:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Well afters years in customer service just being with my family is all I want at the end of a day.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I am the same. Not many close friends and not so much with my neighbors either.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Doesn't sound weird to me at all. I have very few friends, and most of them I only see every few weeks. I love being at home with my little man and my boyfriend more then anything. If I feel like I need some girl time, I usually make friends come over here, cause I'm more comfortable at home since I'm BF. As long as it doesn't bother you horribly to not have a lot of friends, it's no big deal.
    dizzydezzi2487

Answer by dizzydezzi2487 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• It takes all kinds to make a world. Sounds like you're introverted... happy to socialize with a few people from time to time, but mostly find large crowds and non-stop people draining rather than energizing. Other people are extraverts --they gain energy from lots of interaction with lots of people.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Nope! I'm the same way!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2010