Has anyone not made it to the hospital in time to give birth?

I give birth very quickly and barely made it to the hospital with my second before I gave birth. I am terrified that I am not going to make it to the hospital. Has anyone else had this happen to them and what did you do?

sharone751

Asked by sharone751 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My cousin gave birth in her car on the way to the hospital. It was so fast and quick. So she had home births for he next three kids.
    Anonymous

• i was so in time that they sent me home twice to finish my contractions, lol. then stayed there for another 40 hours til my baby felt like coming out. I wish i never made it on time. it was HELL.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• my babys head was crowning as i just pulled up tp the hosp. it happens.
    Anonymous

• Plan to have your baby at home.

What I think is really a waste is when moms have their baby before they get to the hospital, everything is ok, and they go to the hospital anyway. What's up with that?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Me. I'm glad I went to the hospital afterward, I have a small support group and would have had to tend children as well as do house work. At the hospital the nurses waited on me hand and foot. =)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 5:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I would probably plan for a homebirth in that case. I just had my 4th child at home and it was so much easier and simpler than packing up and going to a hospital.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 6:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i was also going to suggest homebirth. i know that's difficult for some, depending on where you live, your insurance, etc.

but you can read some on what to do if your baby is born in the car. i think my sears pregnancy book has a section on that, or maybe it is my simkin pregnancy book. anyway if you are prepared, you won't have to feel scared at all.
    Anonymous