overheating

my 13 w. only son seems to overheat very easily (his dad is a very warm person). in a 69 degree house he practically sweats. i know this isn't so normal but is it just his genes or do i need to look for something and tell the doc?

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My hubby and girls are hot boxes. I would just strip him down to a comfort level for him. I can have sweatpants and shirt and sweatshirt and socks on and my little ones can run around in diapers and be fine.
    Anonymous

• its fine, everyones temp is different.
    Anonymous

• my daughter is the same way, always so sweaty. she's like my brothers, its genetic, i would be wearing more than her and she would sweat. she's almost 2, i told the doctor he said it was genetic, take him if u wanna be safe, but he's only gonna say the same thing. let him wear enough to be warm and make sure his tummy is always covered and he's wearing socks. so he doesn't get cold. dont worry much.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• that's what i've been doing. we turned the heat up in our house from 65 to 68 when he was born. i turned it down to 67 and he still won't wear anything more than a onsie except to bed.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Overheating is a risk factor for SIDS. Make sure he isn't too warm when he is sleeping. It's ok for him to not wear much clothes.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Our house is set at about 65 in the winter, and my toddlers run around in diapers or undies (they strip the second I look away, lol). It's ok for them to be nearly naked if they are more comfy that way. It's not good for them to be bundled up all the time, and for sleep, it's definitely a risk factor for SIDS to be too hot.
    Anonymous