I am almost 5 weeks PP and all of a sudden my blood which was next to almost nothing has started to get a little heavier (still light, but heavier) and its DARK BRIGHT RED. is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My OB said it can do that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• CHeck with your dr and see what they say. Depending on how active you are, maybe you overdid it and your body needs more time to heal from the birth. Or it could be your period already. It sucks, but some people get it back that soon.
    Anonymous

• mine stopped and came back a few times before completely stopping i didnt get my period till i was about 3 months pp i only bf for about 3wks that will keep it from coming for longer but you should be seeing you doc soon anyways i would just call and check if your worried they should get you in right away or asap
    Anonymous

• If your pad becomes saturated within 15-30 minutes I would definitely contact my OB right away.  After 5 weeks the blood should not be changing to a bright red color; it should be more pink.  Be on the safe side - you want to be sure there wasn't a tear in the uterus during birth. It very well could be your period (more than likely everything is normal) but be cautious because it can also be serious.
    Lori43bg

Answer by Lori43bg at 6:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• How active have you been? I had a resurgence of red blood when I was doing WAY too much around the house postpartum.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 6:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2010