Breaking News: Stimulus is now $75 billion more expensive

The CBO just adjusted up their projected impact on the deficit. The reason? The stimulus bill was written with the intent of capping unemployment at 9%. Since the bill failed to do that, the CBO now has to account for all the additional unemployment/ public assistance payments caused by the additional 10%+ unemployment rate. So far, that's an extra $75 billion dollars, bringing the new amount the stimulus has cost us to $862 billion. Expect it to keep rising as unemployment fails to improve.

So those who supported it, what now?

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/26/news/economy/stimulus_cbo/index.htm?hpt=T1

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• What's an extra 75 billion, more or less? No biggie, we can borrow more from, uh, um, hmm........
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• How much does another printing press cost?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• It's okay mancosmomma, we can get it from Obama's pocket. Isn't that where it is all coming from. He promised to help everybody.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Good God almighty. Well...you know....BUSH did it FIRST so that makes it AAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL his fault ;) dontcha know :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I do believe I saw an ad for Home Depot. They had their money trees on sale this week. A 2 for 1 deal I think.
    Anonymous

• NP you know this too can be 'logically' explained and excused ..but you like myself are just too ignorant and too much of a hater to understand...sarcasm ;p

LMAO
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Anyway simply nauseating NP just nauseating to even think about ..these people are going to bankrupt this nation if November doesnt hurry

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• OMFG, this is un-fu**en-believable....

Ohhh, yea~ The MASSIVE spending bill didn't do as promised so we need to ADD more money. Can I say it now??? Obama, you LIED!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Yes you may grly and I will say

I TOLD YOU SOOOOOOOOOO
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• And again, NO supporters, supporting with actual facts to back them up.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2010