I NEED HELP????? A SCHOOL PHYCOLOGIST THAT HANDLES OUR IEP, VIOLATED OUR PRIVACY?WHAT LEGAL ACTIONS CAN I TAKE???? HELP ASAP

Bellaaa

Asked by Bellaaa at 5:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• um see a lawyer
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Call the school board office and tell them. Talk to a lawyer about it. I think that falls under HIPPA regulations.
    Anonymous

• This is far too broad of a question. Ask a lawyer.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 5:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• What did he/she do exactly hun? I'd contact the principal first,then go to the superintendant,and up from there.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't call anyone at the school or school board. They would just side with the psychologist. I'd contact an attorney.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Yea its too broad...what did they do? Sometimes with an IEP they have the right to talk to others about the case...you've probably signed papers pretaining to some of that. I would contact the principal and go up from there.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with seeing a lawyer. I'm about to have my son's IEP and this year, we'll be talking about his 3 year evaluation and testing. I may have a lawyer go to IEP with me, just to be on the safe side!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You need to report the violation, in writing, to your state's DOE - most have something set up for just such a situation and they can help you file the appropriate paperwork, etc. They can also investigate the violation. Another option you have is to report the school psychologist to the licensing board and they will also do an investigation. Contacting a special education lawyer should also be on your "to do" list, b/c you are going to need the lawyers help once it all goes to Due Process.
    Anonymous

• thank you everyone for your answers... what she did was talk about our iep to another teacher that has nothing to do with my son..it was in a open hallway where anyone coulde have heard what she was saying.. she was also making derogitory coments about us as parents.. not nice shes supposibly on our team to help. and she ridiculed us.
    Bellaaa

Answer by Bellaaa at 1:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2010