I'm getting impatient....how do I stop?

I'm almost 31 weeks and I'm getting sort of impatient because I'm ready to have my daughter so I can hold her. I know she's still developing but I want to take her out and hold her. (LOL, I'm not going to do that) It feels like I've been pregnant forever and it's hard to remember how I felt before I got pregnant. I know the days are going by fast and she will be here but I'm so anxious. I want her now! How do I stop being impatient and what are some things that I can do to get through the rest of the pregnancy?

penguinbabe44

Asked by penguinbabe44 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm no help I was going crazy those last few weeks. I suggest doing something that totally has nothing to do with baby to take your mind off of it. I also had a pregnancy calendar, but I would only mark it off every few days that way Icould aross out several days at once & it would seem like a lot of time had passed.
    chice661

Answer by chice661 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Um your answer would be as good as mine lol. I hated being pregnant so too soon wasn't soon enough for me lol. Best of luck and congratulations on your little one being a mommy is awsome
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Try yoga or some deep breathing for relaxation. Don't rush things, they are sooo much easier to take care of when they're on the inside ;)
    Anonymous

• Start a new hobby. Make a quilt. Do volunteer work. Foster kittens for a local rescue organization. Volunteer at a local organization that helps pregnant women. Get busy and do something that occupies your mind. Start reading a new series of books. James Patterson is a great author if you haven't read his books. Organize something to raise money for the people in Haiti.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• lol....been there three times. I'm not a very patient person on a good day.

find something little and fiddly that takes ALL your concentration!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• try doing something for the baby-
    maybe making birth announcements on the computer (to fill in the pic and date when she gets here!) or knit her a blanket or sew a little teddy or something.
    i used to just sit in the nursery and feel like she was never going to get here!!!!
    good luck!
    zoeygracesmom

Answer by zoeygracesmom at 8:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• do something you won't be able to do after, like go to the movies, if you can afford it. read some books, ones to prepare for birth are good, but also just some good fiction, whatever you like. ;-) hang in there, you probably have 10 weeks left. try to have fun and sleep a lot.
    Anonymous