Buying babies jewelry?

my daughter is turning one year old and i really want to get her a gold bracelet with a "1" charm on it. i'm not sure how practical i'm being, but it was a thought of mine ever since i got pregnant that i would give her a special piece of jewelry, not only to wear but as a keepsake when she's older to look back on. how are babies with jewelry? anything to keep in mind when shopping? has anyone put bracelets or necklaces on their one year olds and want to share how their child reacts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bought my daughter two diamond rings for her first birthday and we have them both till this day... Im getting them put on a charm bracelet for her 4th b day this yr
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 5:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I can see both sides of it. Maybe for pictures or something, but NOT for an every day thing. I would consider it more of a keepsake.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 5:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I gave each of mine a silver engraved bracelet on their first birthday - and a matching locket which they got on their baptism day.

the bracelets no longer fit so stay in the jewellry box. but their lockets I let them wear on special occasions.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• For my DD's 1st B-day her grandparents gave her a gold bracelet w/her name on it. She did well never try to take it off till this day she still has it she is 2 now. I gave her one of my neckles from wen i was little & it fits her perfect she loves it. We are planning on getting her a ring because she likes rings. The jewelry has never bother her. We havent taken them off. She got her 1st pair of earings wen she was 2months old.

Well good luck i think u should do it. If she keeps trying to take it off. Just put it back on her when she get a little older. so she won't lose it.
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 8:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• my mil bought jewelry for all my kids. when i put a beautiful gold bangel on my dd for a bridal shower, she had thrown it off on the way there, and it had landed on the sliding door track. when i opened the car door, i damaged the bracelet. i try to remember to put the jewelry on the kids for pictures.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2010