I feel sort of bad but I do hope he gets in some serious trouble

I had gone downstairs to get the mail. The mail man was still there so I waited. When he walked off I noticed he left 5 W2s out on TOP of the mail boxes. I just couldnt believe he left it there for the whole world to have a grab at. SoI took them and took them to the apartments they belonged to. I then called the USPS 1800 number and reported him.
They said that the report is headed RIGHT now to the specific post office and he will be in big time trouble. Apparently such big trouble it was recommened to make the report anon. The guy on the phone said you dont want him taking it out on me.
With how hard it is to find work I feel a little bad BUT he shouldnt have left W2s out like that.
What would you have done? Would you feel sort of bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would have felt kind of bad too, but that is a BIG deal, so I think you did the right thing.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 5:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• people do have accidents....if he was still around i wouldve flagged him down and gave them back. I think it would be kinda hard for a stranger to cash in on someone else w2
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• First, I Thank you if it was My W2 and do like wise. I hate the way all the incompetents have jobs and the good ones do not. Rest Well.

Anonymous

• shay1130

That isnt the point of "cashing" it in
    You do know that W2s have your full name a social on it riiiight?
    Add that to address and place of work and you have easy grounds for ID theft
    Anonymous

• OP here
    No it wasnt an accident. He leaned them up facing out against the wall. It wasnt like he just left a stack.
    He actually put them up there. That is how I knew what they were.
    Anonymous

• yeah but not everyone thinks like you. He probably has a wife and kids. You probably just cost him his job. I would really feel bad. If he was still around and you could have given them to him then that was just very spiteful and i think you were probably just bored
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I would've done the same thing and I do NOT feel bad for whatever happens to him. What if it wasn't you who showed up and some thief did??? Things could've ended differently and since the economy is the way it is ppl are desperate. They'll do anything.

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 6:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• so...he put them up like he couldnt find the mail box or something ...like the people had moved? Yeah, then i wouldve called.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I know you will say I am mean. But as long as my W2 was not in that pile. I would not have cared. But that is just me.

Answer by louise2 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• if he had just accidently left it there then i wouldve flagged him down
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2010