Furor Brewing over Tim Tebow's Pro-Life Super Bowl Ad

So I am not really asking whether or not you agree with abortion (because OMG I think we have THAT covered LOL) BUT I would like to know where you stand on this. Pro Choice groups want the ad pulled. Basically its the story of his mom who, from what I am understanding, was told to abort him and didnt. Its not a mean ad, or hateful in speech just a personal story, that yes, is pro life. Do YOU think it should be pulled?

For me I think if its free speech its free speech. if ONE side gets it, BOTH sides do. I dont know if the Pro choicers are running an ad but they DO have the option! I do NOT believe the ad should be pulled. NOT on the basis of being pro choice or prolife but for free speech. You?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• LOL, WELL
    Arent the biting themselves in the butt?
    They are pro choice BUT they dont want a story aired of someone that was told to abort but didnt? LOL Doesnt pro choice cover BOTH sides? LOL
    Anonymous

• No, it shouldn't be pulled. Pro-choice advocates are welcomed to do their own ad to run too. Hell, I'd rather see ads that have meaning than skinny girls with big tits and guys with beer bellies.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I guess I'd have to wonder why an anti abortion commerical needs to be played during the Super Bowl. Next, the freedom of speech line gets a little old. Everyone from racists to pornographers use it like the founding fathers died for people to have the right to spout hateful garbage or for people to have sex on camera for money which is bascially prostitution. Maybe the pro choice people have better things to do than cram their message down everyone's throat while they are trying to have a good time.
    Anonymous

• I believe that we (pro-lifers) have just as much right to the "free speech" thing as the pro-abortion crowd. It's HIS story....why shouldn't he be able to tell it?
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 6:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• As long as the ad doesn't violate any terms that have to be met to be aired during Super Bowl, then it should be able to stay. I guess the final say is with the network or whoever is in charge of ad time. They can give in to pressure from supposed pro-choice side (I agree w/ pp that being pro-choice should say that you respect both sides of the abortion debate), but I have to wonder what the effects the economy will have on their decision. If there are enough people willing to buy ad space they will probably give in to pressure.

Anonymous

• "Everyone from racists to pornographers use it like the founding fathers died for people to have the right to spout hateful garbage or for people to have sex on camera for money which is bascially prostitution. "

I agree but even mainstream media does the same thing.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• No, It should not be pulled. Freedom of speech. This is ANOTHER attempt for a particular side to cry foul when things are going their way..... Peta gets to do ads. Fricken GoDaddy.com gets to do outrageous ads... Tim Tebow's ad will probably be very well ans tastefully done. I detest Tebow as a Gator, but respect him for all he has done to help others.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• **are NOT going their way**
    grlygrlz2

• "I believe that we (pro-lifers) have just as much right to the "free speech" thing as the pro-abortion crowd."

You mean pro-CHOICE. There is no option to be pro-abortion. It's pro-life or pro-choice.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2010