Can you have round ligament pain if you're not pregnant?

I've been having round ligament pain the past week or so but I'm not pregnant. My last period was in December & I've taken 2 home pregnancy tests this month, both of which were negative. I've found that sometimes my body just randomly skips periods on occasion. I got round ligament pain in the last few months of pregnancy with both my kids so I know what it feels like but even if for some strange reason I am pregnant, I wouldn't be far enough along to have these pains yet. Another thing I've noticed is that when I sleep on my side, the hip I'm laying on hurts really bad when I wake up. This happened my last few months of pregnancy with both kids as well. But I'm wondering if this could be something along the lines of fibromyalgia or something like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be your apendics or cysts on your ovaries. Go to WEBMD.com and put in "round ligament pain". I thought fibromyalgia was pain all over your body, not just in one location.

Answer by louise2 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2010