Does your dh make you feel really small sometimes?

The school called earlier today to set up a meeting about r kid we do this once a year anyway I told them that I will not be able to attend on whatever day they wanted I would have to change it bc I work and my dh works but on one day he is off but they just might call him in. And they're like well great it is settled we'll see you on that day and me thinking ok he is off not really thinking that they will call him they sometimes don't...anyway I get off the phone and my dh says I swear you have no back bone I am like why? He said you know there is a chance I might work why did you schedule for that day...I was like well I don't know ( I felt stupid) I called back right away and resceduled for a day that he is off for sure.
why didn't he just say no don't pick that day or something if he was listening to my conversation sometimes I feel like he belittles me even though at times he is right.

Venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yep he does all the time.

some days I'd like to be on one of those 'shows' that tapes you and then I could show him what a jerk he's being.

that really sucks i hope you figure something out with the school.
    Anonymous

• I don't think he was trying to belittle you (although it's really impossible for me to tell sense i couldn't hear his tone when he spoke to you). Maybe he finds it rude to interrupt you while you're on the phone. Or maybe he thought you'd feel worse if he corrected you "in front of" other people.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• When he has the nerve to say everything we buy is his because "his money" paid for it - I am a SAHM. I want to beat the living sh*t out of him when he says crap like that.
    Anonymous

• Yeah well he could have called him self. Men! I swear there here just to annoy us.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• So you had to change it because he MIGHT work? Sounds like hes the dumb one.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

My husband said that to me once. I told him that he could use HIS money to pay for daycare for our DD, so I could go back to work and have my own money since it obviously bothers him so much! I then went on to tell him that if he didn't like putting our DD in daycare, he could start paying me for providing him the service of watching our child.
    He hasn't mentioned it since... ;-)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 2:54 AM on Jan. 27, 2010