has anyone had to have a level 3 ultrasound

i have to have a level 3 ultrasound on monday and i am wondering if anyone has had to have one before.

mgc_717

Asked by mgc_717 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• why are you having a level 3? how old are you? they usually dont do it except for women over 35 and they think the baby will come out with down syndrome or something. good luck. I had a friend who did it and she said it was nothing lol.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i had a level 2 but not a level 3 they said it was because they didnt get good enough pictures of the head and heart but it ended up being nothing and got an extra picture out of it
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 8:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I had them every week since I was 4mths they had did a test that cam out positive for trisonomy 18 worse than down syndrom so they check the blood flow through the umbilical cord, heart, weight and length of baby and etc but in the end my baby came out healthy...
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 8:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i've had one before :-)

my son is disabled.....its just like a regular ultrasound except with a bigger more complicated piece of machinery...haha

but yeah like babycakeschris said they checked everything to make sure all the limbs were growing normally and they checked blood flow and although my son is physically disabled he came out healthy and is more active than any other "normal" baby :-)
    thenguyenclan

Answer by thenguyenclan at 4:53 AM on Jan. 27, 2010