Overactive gallbladder

I keep having gallbladder attacks. So far ultrasounds show no gallstones. HIDA scan shows normal output at 66%. The HIDA scan induced an attack causing severe pain & cramping. What now? Anyone else have this problem?

motherofhope98

Asked by motherofhope98 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Health

• I had my gallbladder removed in June of 09 and it was the best thing I did. The quality of my life has improved so much!! It took two years and my changing doctors before the New doctor discovered stones, sent me to a surgeon and the surgeon felt best to have the gallbladder removed. I did not suffer typical pain I was always nauseous vomiting biol, tired.
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 8:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• u can be in the early start of gallstone i had a ultrasound in jan 2006 and had no stone and when to the hosp july 2006 and had to 2 stone they took my gallbladder out at 18yrs
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I've been to the ER at 2 different hospitals half a dozen times in the last 3 years. This is the closest I've gotten to a diagnosis.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• have they done a ct scan and is the pain on the right side under ur ribs and to your back
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You should have them take out your gallbladder.
    Anonymous

• eat better. my sister quit eating dairy and fatty foods from fast food places. right now my grandma is in the hospital for her gallbladder. she got pancreatis all because she didnt eat right. they wont take out your gallbladder unless its severly bad. SORRY.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 7:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I'm seeing a specialist in 2 weeks. Hopefully, I'll get some answers.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2010