My 18th month old and her bottle.

So my daughter is 18 months old. I know she should have been off the bottle by now but she isn't. I've let her keep having it. So now I know she should be off but I don't know how. She only drinks a bottle at night and at nap time. When it is time to go to sleep she cries and cries for her ba ba. What can I do. I'm desperate for help. I hate to hear her cry but i know its for her own good. Help Please??

Annette4797

Asked by Annette4797 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would hide all of the bottles and offer a sippy cup or regular cup and eventually she will decided that if those are the only options she will take it.
    TDausman

Answer by TDausman at 7:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Just take them away. You can't give into the all the wants of your children or you will spoil them in the wrong way. You have to take it away because it is the best thing for your child. You can wean her if you want by only giving it at bedtime to start and using a sippy at nap time. But in any case no child should ever be put to bed with a bottle or a cup.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Just take them away. after a few days she won't cry for them any more and it will all be over.
    Also, try to give her something else to comfort her.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Yeah just take it away. I just took my daughter's away at Christmas and she is 18 months. Really, it was as if she didn't even notice. They sell these sippy cups at Target that look similar to bottles with the "nipple' in the center, try one of those. Then once she has forgotten about her baba...you can switch to a regular sippy since she won't be so emotionally attached to the new one as she was to her baba. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• OK THIS IS HOW I BROKE MY SON I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROB AND MY COUZIN TOLD ME A TIRCK SHE USED WITH HER LIL GIRL SHE TOOK THE BOTTLE CUT THE NIPPLES THEN TH NEXT TIME SE ASKED FORTHE BABA SHE TOOK IT OUT OF THE COUNTER AND SHE TOLD HER THAT THEBABA WAS BROKE AND SHOWED HER THEN THREW IT A WAY AND I DONE ITNOW WHEN SOME ONE SAYS SOMTHING ABOT THE BABA HE TELLS THEM IT BROKE IT BROKE AND I HAVENT HAD ANY MORE PROB SINCE THEN
    mommy1089

Answer by mommy1089 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Can't help you. My 34 month old is going to have to wean himself. He takes it at naps/bedtime.
    Anonymous

• I would get a spill proo cup for her to drink out of and try that
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• i would try a cup with the soft top and see how she does with that. i used nuby brand till my son figured out that he could pull the nipple part out and dump it all over the place.
    ems9909

Answer by ems9909 at 5:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2010