sippy cup

my dd is almost 11 months old i have like 5 diiferent sippy cups she will bite it to get some juice out but will not really drink out of it how do i get her to drink out of it and she wakes up one time at night do i give her a bottle still when i broke her of the bottle

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• At this age she doesn't need anything when she wakes in the middle of the night. She may need some consoling but doesn't need a bottle or a cup. You will have to experiment with different sippies until she finds one that she likes. We used silicone spout sippies from fisher price and nuby and then moved onto the flip top straw cups by nuby that are pressure and suction activated.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Have you tried the rubber nipple sippy cups? My son preferred those at first when weening from the bottle. I'd say at 11 months she's still okay to let her self ween...just keep trying but oon't push it.
    Anonymous

• So what's the problem? Let the baby have her bottle. It is no big deal really. Kids may and some do need water in the middle of the night. Actually I still take sips of water at night. And there is no difference between a bottle and sippy except a sippy LOOKS more adult. Let her have her bottle. She will give it up when she is ready. No need to force it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My son hasnt had a bottle since he was 11 months old. He started getting an occasional sippy at the age of 9 months. We started the cups that have the rubber and upgraded as he began to bite and break his cups. He stopped getting a drink in the middle of the night when he stopped waking up wanting a bottle. He does get his cup in his bed with him but we watched him he only takes it and places it in the corner for when he wakes up in the morning. Also he only gets water after 7 pm.
    Anonymous