Chicco or Graco strollers/carseats

So it's my first baby who is due in May and I'm currently looking at the travel systems and getting both. So after reading reviews I see Chicco has a higher approval rating than Graco...what do you all on here think? I was thinking about going with Eddie Baur but after reading reviews and stars, I'm eliminating them. perhaps any other suggestions out there?

Jeda624

Asked by Jeda624 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't get the one that is amputating little fingers!
    I LOVED our Eddie Bauer jogger, we just got rid of it and it was 7 years old and never had a problem. Took it to Europe, Caribbean, all over. Fabulous.
    Anonymous

• I worked at a baby store once. Graco's were much more popular with buyers, because they are easier to find attachments and what-nots that fit them. I owned a Graco Metrolite.

To be perfectly honest, I'd skip the travel system altogether. I used mine exactly three times. They're heavy, awkward, take up too much space, and are completely unnecessary. They make what is called a Snap and Go. It's basically just the frame from a travel system. Weighs next to nothing, serves the same purpose. You just snap the carseat into the frame.

Then, when they're too old for an infant seat, get an umbrella stroller. (for that, I'd suggest a Combi or even the Chicco.)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 7:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Peg Prego is the best..
    Anonymous

• i have chico & love it!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I have the chicco infant carseat (the key fit 30) The thing I love about it is that the base is so easy to install and super easy to get really tight. I have never used a travel system. Lots of new research now sows it s best for baby to only be in the car seat in the car any way. I always take baby out of the carseat and put her in a sling or separate stroller. I have the chicco liteway stroller and love it!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• We had the Chicco KeyFit 30 and loved it.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• For my first DD, I had a Chicco travel system and I LOVED it. So easy to use. Unfortunately, Chicco doesn't make a double stroller that fits their carseat, so when DD#2 came 21 months later, I bought a Peg carseat and double stroller. Honestly, I like my Chicco carseat better. The Peg is good and I really like the stroller, but I thought the Chicco carseat was a little easier. I don't have any experience with the Graco.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 10:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I had a Graco with my daughter, 5 years ago and liked it I don't remember any complaints on it. I have a 6 month old little boy and have the Chicco KeyFit 30 now and I absolutely love it.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i am currently using a chicco keyfit 30 with my 13 week old son. we absolutely love it. never used a travel system, but the base... ooo, how did my mom live without it.... live pp said, so easy to put in, get tight. i don't really have much weight so i have to actually stand on one foot to put enough weight to get it tight to my hubby's standards, which is just fine. it takes all but 2 or 3 minutes to change the base from one vehicle to the other. i love that it's adjustable in angle. i got a jeep liberty 3 wheel stroller that fits the keyfit 30, love them both. the covers from both the stroller and carseat come together so no rain gets in (i live in washington state) essential, very essential. good luck
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I have the chicco and i love it but if you are planning on having more I have found out that there are no double strollers out there that are compatable with the car seats. I still think the chicco is best because it has a better rating.
    willsmoms

Answer by willsmoms at 11:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2010