Would you consider yourself an optimist?

I think people assume I am because I'm bubbly and energetic, but being pessimistic is one of my major faults! I have to constantly tell myself "it could be a lot worse, lighten up."

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• "I have to constantly tell myself "it could be a lot worse, lighten up.""

I think that is why people think you are an optimist, because you keep the doom and gloom in check. If you were a true pessimist you would not look to lighten it up. You would dwell on the bad.
    I am like you, things could always be worse.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I feel you, I've been considerd happy/bubbly, but I call myself a realist
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I am a REALIST! A bit of a cynic.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I'm an agathist.

I don't think everything's going to be sunshine and bubbles --because I'm a realist and a cynic. But I do believe that everything will turn out for the best... no matter what happens. As in: people will learn what they need to learn, find deep joy and satisfaction in experiencing the full range of humanity and life...

I'm married to a pessimist and have one (of two) children who is a natural pessimist. It seems to me that they leap to completely unrealistic conclusions based on the flimsiest possible evidence.

In fact, it seems to me that pessimism is the ultimate in 'failing to take in all the information' in any given situation. It requires ignoring all of the benefits, all of the beauty and all of the wealth surrounding us all the time. As someone said once, pessimism is building dungeons in the sky.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i always look on the bright side of things, bad things happen in our life's so we can understand the happy things!
    Anonymous

• I am a optimist I always focus on the positive. 

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 8:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I try to focus on the positive but I don't think I am an optimist.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Nope. My family and friends like to call me "Worst Case Scenario Girl"... Apparently pessimism is one of my superpowers lol
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2010