How to get my cat to ssshhush up?

She is driving me crazy she is in her heat cycle and I have never gotten her fixed she is an inside cat so I never let her out usually when she is in heat she is not as bad as right now...omg what can I do to get her to be quiet?

Venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pets

• Ever hear of no-no bad kitty bottle? Squirt bottle with water!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 7:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• fix her. duh
    Anonymous

• Fix her will solve that problem. Poor thing! You're making her miserable.
    Anonymous

• Omg, I remember when my cat went into heat the first time, MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW for hours!! The only thing you CAN do is fix her or it'll never stop. That or invest in some Grade A earplugs, lol!
    ibarrasgirl

Answer by ibarrasgirl at 8:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• In a less rude way, you really should get her fixed and I believe it can be done while she's in heat. This is the only way she will stop since it's their nature to howl and cry as she is calling out for a mate. It's generally not that expensive to have it done. But don't abuse your pet for doing what comes naturally. ^^
    hazelnutx

Answer by hazelnutx at 8:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Watch the door closely, she will try her best to slip right put if you give her the chance... But yep, the only thing that will stop this is getting her fixed..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Ok ladies thanks for telling me something I already know "get her fixed" but I can not right now money is tight but I do plan on taking her I guess for now I will just go with it thanks anyway...I was expecting more like go keep her company since she is looking for a mate and is very affectionate...but then again I can not expect all you ladies to know everything.

cat

Anonymous

• unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to shut her up aside from the obvious. She will be in heat almost constantly during her fertile years until she is either bred or spayed. Heat cycles in cats last from several days to two weeks or longer, and repeat every two to three weeks. If money is an issue look into the reduced cost programs through the Humane society or the Department of Agriculture.
    Anonymous

• Duct tape? lol j/k
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Our cat likes places to hide, so we'd put her in the hamper, and she'd go to sleep. And we'd squirt her with water too. I agree, it is soooo annoying. But you can't really stop it. We FINALLy got our dog and cat spayed last week, for free with an animal ministry place that collects donations all year to help people out. I am so happy to have it done.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2010