my MIL wont say my newborn son looks like my DH?? but when my stepson is over thats all i hear all the time....

whats that about?? and my baby boy looks just like him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe she favors her other grandchild.
    Anonymous

• its hard to tell with a newborn
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• It is hard to tell. If I look at photos of my daughter, as a newborn, before she got chubbier and filled out, she didn't look like anyone I could recognize, just my little baby!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• my cousins said that my dd didn't look like my dh but she is the spitting image of them. it bothered my at first but she didn't know what the hell she was talking about and that's the first thing his dad said when he first saw her (that she looked just like him). lol Or maybe he looks more like you? Anyways, some ppl just don't see it.
    Anonymous

• Pay no attention to your MIL she is trying to bother you. 

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 8:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• everyone sees differently...maybe she doesn't see the resemblance that you do....and is it really that important? he's a newborn...soon enough everyone will let you know who they think he looks like.
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 8:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My MIL says that my DD looks like everybody on my DH's side and won't admit she looks just like me. SHe does it to be mean and nasty.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Maybe she just doesn't think he looks like him. People have different view points. I think that my niece looks JUST like her daddy and a little like my husband (niece's daddy's brother), while her mom thinks she looks like my husband and not so much hers.
    Then there's the most popular comment. That people think that she looks more like ME than anyone, and we're not even biologically related!
    People just think what they think-
    Anonymous

• Well why don't you give her the benefit of the doubt? Your baby is newborn. Newborns just look like babies when they are little like that.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• does she think you cheated? she's prob just trying to upset you. i look nothing like my mom or dad. just my grandma on my moms side. my hubby looks like his dad.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 10:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2010