How do you go from SAHM to working mom?

I have a toddler and things with my DH and I are just not working out and haven't been for a while. We have decided to just go our separate ways.
We are going to save up and he is going to get me a car and pay for DD's daycare so I can take a phlebotomy or CNA course and I am going to move out.
I am very nervous and confused. I know it's the right thing for us and we will both be happier, but I have gotten used to being a SAHM. I love being the one to teach my child everything and be there for her all day.
I have a ton of guilt for failing at my marriage with her father and now I am going to be away from her most of the day too?
I guess I need some support and advice. How do I deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It is one of those things where you don't have any choice, you are doing what is best for her in the end and you have to understand that.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Your job will be VERY rewarding and you will adjust. I went from SAHM to career mom when my hubby hurt hineself really bad at work. I'm so proud of my career and my kids are proud of me too. It gets easier.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I've never been a sahm, only a working mom. You get used to it. In the beginning it is hard being away and you worry, but over time, you set into a routine and get totally used to it. There are days where I miss her a lot and just want to be w/ her, but then there are days where I'm very happy doing my own job and know that I will see her soon. Eight hours a day is not 'missing their childhood' or anything like that. Plus, they do have a lot of fun at daycare. My daughter is only 11 mos. but she loves daycare. She learns, does activities, and is around many babies that she absolutely loves. If she were home w/ me, she'd be bored.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2010