Remington wet to dry hair straightener??

Any body have/used it? If so how well does it eliminate frizz, and how well does it dry and straighten?

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have it and love it. But like most others, I use it when my hair is already fairly dry, if not completely dry. It's the only straightener I will use. I have the 2" iron and I love that it's so wide. The only problem I have is when my hair is a little wet, the steam had burned my hand before. But I love the different setting and temps depending on wet, damp or dry. Buy it, you won't be disapointed.
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• any wet to dry flat iron is horrible on your hair.....if you are putting a hot iron to your wet hair you are very very likely to burn your hair off
    juliak818

Answer by juliak818 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I have a wet to dry straightner and it works awesome. I have extremely thick, curly hair and it works for me everytime I use it. Only thing when my hair is wet, it does stink like burning hair more than when it's just dry.
    nini_78

Answer by nini_78 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• As a stylist that is a huge no no. Curly hair needs moisture as it is and wet2dry will remove it all. It burns your hair and creates way too much steam. Try using a product like super skinny relaxing balm on your wet hair and super skinny serum on dry and then flat ironing, also try the Miracle 10 products, they are amazing. You need to protect your hair or it will become more unmanagable in the long run. Use a regular nice titanium flat iron on dry hair. Have a professional do a press on you to show you how to do it properly and efficiently if you aren't sure.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Just the brand Remington Wet/Dry straightener I bought one and used it once, did NOT wrap the cord around it... went to use it the next day and it will turn on but the minute you close it it shuts off. I was Pissed. Good luck
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 8:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I have the Remington & I like it. I prefer to use it when my hair is already dry tho' cuz it takes longer to straighten when your hair is wet. You have to really go slow to get it all the way dry or else it won't completely straighten it. It does have a lot of heat settings tho' and is coded for dry, damp, or wet hair which makes it easy to use. If you're worried about heat damage or want to help with frizz you can also use a spray on conditioner beforehand or use a serum for fly-aways after you straighten.
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 9:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I have the Remington Wet2Dry... I always use a shine/straightening serum on my towel-dried hair, put mousse in, blow dry until at least 75% dry, THEN use the straightener. Not only do I not want my hair fried, but It gets really flat if I don't blow dry it first. Anyway, I do like it, but then again I've never used one of the really nice (expensive) straighteners, so I don't know if it's worth the price difference. My hair isn't super-curly, it's just wavy. So I guess it would depend on your hair...
    milos1st

Answer by milos1st at 10:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I have one its not a remington though but I love mine.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 27, 2010