feeling less movement this week than last week (18 weeks)

please bear with me. i know i would tell others not to worry about something so silly but last week i first started feeling my baby move, and s/he was moving a LOT. big movements. now i am feeling fewer movements, and not as big of movements. like last week, it would feel like a roll, and now just tiny nudges. i know i shouldn't worry, i just want some reassurance. :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry momma! That is just what happened to me this pregnancy! I felt my first movements at 17 weeks, felt if for a few days to a week, then pretty much nothing for a week after that!!!! But baby is still really small, so they could just be moving and kicking elsewhere in there and not towards your stomach, kwim? As long as you feel SOME movement, you don't have to worry. And remember, babies, just like us, have wake and sleep cycles, and on or off days. Your baby is doing some hard work growing in there, maybe they just wanted some rest! :-) Congrats!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• that's very normal. when the baby gets bigger it doesn't have as much room to kick and roll.. but if you are worried, go ahead and go to the doctor, never hurt anything just to make sure :)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 8:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• there ospital told me to lay down and drink ICE COLD COKE (coke works the best) and dont move for 15 mins. turn the tv anyting tat makes noise off or away from you and concentrate on your baby. the cold sugar usually woke my baby up relaly fast. but also dont be worried b/c sometimes the baby will find a comfortable spot and be lazy for a day or two congrats or your little one hun
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• But baby is still really small, so they could just be moving and kicking elsewhere in there and not towards your stomach, kwim?

thanks Rachell, that is exactly what i would have said to someone else who was worried about the samething :) thanks!

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2010