Sharp Pains in Lower Back when I breathe out/move...anyone have this happen before?

In the past hour or so I've been having these sharp pains in my lower back, if i move or when I breath in. I notice too that when I breath out they get worse, like my lower back is tightening.

If anyone knows what may be causing this and how i can remedy this(no insurance here so help me out please) let me know.

Thanks.

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 8:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Health

• Do you feel a pressure on your chest? Kind of like you have indigestion. When I had a gal bladder attack I felt the way you did except, I had pressure on my chest. I would drink a glass of water and see if that helps.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• No pressure on my chest. I had gall stones too before, those hurt so bad. But this is more my lower back and both sides of my back. It's very annoying. I'll just be sitting here and then kind of "jerk" when the pains hit.

I will try some water though, thank you.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 9:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• do you have a chiropractor? maybe a dh to rub it a while?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I pulled a muscle and had that type of pain. I took ibuprofen and it went away about a week later. Do you have any other symptoms? Try logging on to WebMd.com and ask your question there. They are pretty good for information.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yes. You can take ibuprofen and apply an ointment such as Bengay Extra Strength, or the store brand will do OK. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2010