oral HCG drops????

anyone seen the ads for that on FB? they say its for weight loss.....WTH? can someone enlighten me?

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Health

• This is something that's been happening for a while, but the hCG was in shot form, and now it's available in oral form. hCG plus a very strict diet (500 calories) is the actual plan, not just hCG. The hCG apparently helps with the success and comfort of the low calorie diet (burns more fat and causes less irritability, headaches, etc. than diet alone), and improves body shape of the end result. Obviously not something to be entered into lightly, but more likely as a last resort before surgery, and even then only under direct supervision of a physician.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• my aunt started this regimen and so did her co-worker, they have been on weight watchers and have peaked in their loss, they are kicking off another diet with it. so far it's worked, but if you just go with the 500 cal a day thing you will lose wieght anyways.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• My friend has lost a ton of weight doing this and she looks fabulous!!! Go Trina!! I'm just doing Weight Watchers but the drops/Shots really have worked well for her.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 12:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• thanks ladies, i was just really curious. yep, the 500 calories would sure make you lose weight...is that really a healthy amount of calories though?? hmmm i was just needing a little more info without having to actually look into it, well lets just say i was kinda lazy the other night, and not feeling well lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2010