when does your religion say it is ok to abort a child?

if the mothers life is in danger what does your religion say? Would you follow what your religion said or do something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is never ok even if my life is in danger God has a plan and will take care of me if I have faith in that. Even if my religion were ok with it I don't think I could kill my child to save my life, that goes against the grain.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Thats a tuff one but I would agree with the top post. Its in gods hands. I would follow through with the pregnancy.
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 9:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• To each her own. Where in your religion does it say it's okay to judge others?
    Anonymous

• It doesn't
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Who is judging? All I see are opinions to the post.
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 9:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I went to a Seventh Day Adventist website here is what I got
    "4) The Church does not serve as conscience for individuals; however, it should provide moral guidance. Abortions for reasons of birth control, gender selection, or convenience are not condoned by the Church. Women, at times however, may face exceptional circumstances that present serious moral or medical dilemmas, such as significant threats to the pregnant woman's life, serious jeopardy to her health, severe congenital defects carefully diagnosed in the fetus, and pregnancy resulting from rape or incest. The final decision whether to terminate the pregnancy or not should be made by the pregnant woman after appropriate consultation. She should be aided in her decision by accurate information, biblical principles, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Moreover, these decisions are best made within the context of healthy family relationships."
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• rhanford

• This is the official statement of my religion on the matter: http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/public-issues/abortion

In life endangerment is considered an exception, but it also doesn't make it automatically right - parents are supposed to discuss it with church leaders and pray about it first.

Personally, I can't see myself getting an abortion, but I can see myself accepting treatments which may have a high risk of miscarriage attached to them. 

Anonymous

• truealaskanmom.... so if you were a single mother with kids and during your pregnancy they told you something went wrong, and they could only save you or the baby, not both...you would still choose your baby, and leave your other children to live without parents? Aborting a child in that situation is not always necassarily selfish like some ignorant people like to believe. Personally if I was pregnant again and had to choose between me and my unborn child...I would choose me. Not for selfish reasons, but because I am not going to take away my two wonderful healthy children's mother to save their unborn sibling.
    Anonymous

• mine says that whenever a mother feels as though she doesn't want the pregnancy it can be terminated. late term abortion is allowed also. if the child is actually born alive during a procedure it should be left alive and taken to a care facility though. bc that's the law.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2010