when does the baby go into the head down postion?

i am at 37 weeks and my baby is kinda head down. it is laying off to the side slightly. so not down into the pelvis yet. since i am not at 40 weeks yet can the baby still turn alittle so that it is in the pelvis or am i doomed to have a c-sec.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• before 35-37 weeks
    Anonymous

• Don't worry, I think it will be ok.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Usually sometime before birth. My first was butt down until about 36 weeks, and he still managed to wiggle around to the right position. If it's just a matter of a little angle, I'm sure yours can get there. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• everyone is different. both my kis were head down by 28 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Baby can turn down at any time. There are things you can try to encourage baby, though (exercises, moxibustion, Webster Technique). Be sure you have a care provider experienced to attend you delivery-- you don't need a surgical birth just because baby is breech. (Older OBs and midwives attend vaginal breech deliveries.)
    Early labor contractions will often help coax baby down, too.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• mine turned less than a week before i went into labor, it's all good.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I would say since ur baby is already so close that he/she will move further down when ur baby is ready! What has ur OB said?
    KileighsMom

Answer by KileighsMom at 1:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• definitely! many babies will turn during labor. i would not worry about it at all. just make sure you have a provider who is supportive of natural birth. also don't get your water artificially broken because that can stick baby in the position they were in instead of allowing them to move into the best position.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• a baby can turn at any point, even during labor! so you have plenty of time.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2010