Is swaddling at 4 months old safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Health

• I've never heard of swaddling not being safe. I think the thickness of blanket is relevant though. It has to be one of those thin ones. Anyway...I stopped swaddling when my kids started squirming out. I figured they were over it by then.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swaddling

Swaddling fell out of favour in the seventeenth century. It has become popular again as modern medical studies indicate that swaddling assists babies to sleep, and to remain asleep; and that it lowers the risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I swaddled my babies until they started breaking free of the blankets - there is no age that you have to stop
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i'll be honest i think everything depends on how your child is, and how well you know them. my son stopped at just a couple months, BUT he would only fall asleep with a blanket on his face!!! i watched him at nap times, and he was fine. he still does it at almost 14 months, i go in to check him after he's been in bed, and sure enough, blanket over the face. it has to be one of those soft cozy ones too. i guess he fell in love with it since i breastfed.....idk....but he does just fine.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Most babies love to be swaddled, for warmth and comfort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• swaddling is never unsafe

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2010