Am I wrong?

So I let my mom have it today I made my son dinner and he didn't want it so I told him nothin else till he eat his dinner she told me that I was a bad parent I told her 2 shut up and let me handle my child he need 2 eat what I cooked and nothin else

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 10:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• You hand;ed it the way I would. Your mom handled it like a grandparent would. Maybe at her house that works, but in your home, stick to your guns.
    Anonymous

• I would never speak to my mother that way but no, you're not wrong. You are the mother and it's your business how you raise your child, I agree with you totally and have had the same argument with my MIL many times.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I agree your child, your house , your rules. I would never tell my Mother to 'shut up' In fact, I can pretty much guarantee you if I did, even at 75 yrs old she would smack me.LOL. I would have said "MOM, he knows the rules. Please let it go"
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Your child, your rules . . period.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Your wrong for talking to your mother like that but right for doing what you did. That child need to know you eat at certain times and you eat what is cooked.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You told your mom to shut up? Wow! I'm 50+ with a 75 y.o. mom and I've never muttered those words. I agree your child your rules. Probably better to convey the message in another fashion.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I agree with the way you handled your son, not so much for the way you spoke to your mom. It was uncalled for for her to call you a bad mom, but I think you could've handled it more "adult-like" and just told her that those are your rules and that's that instead of telling her to shut up.
    Anonymous

• Your mom is right. You are a bad parent. I don't like how you handled your son. Do some research on tastes. People are born with different tastes. Some people have a gene that picks up the slightest bitterness in food, some have a little, some don't have it at all. Instead of trying to prove you are such a hot parent, gain some knowledge.
    Anonymous

• I would never talk to my mom like that, and would never talk like that in front of my son.... but I would have told her he needs to eat his food or get ready for bed.
    Londyns07mommy

Answer by Londyns07mommy at 10:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I hope that you didn't speak those exact words to your mother or in front of your son, however you weren't wrong. I've had that conversation with the grandparents and it usually goes along the lines of "if he's hungry, he'll eat. It works for us."
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2010