How do you make popcorn??

I am curious how do you make popcorn?? YES I know silly just shove it in the microwave! My hubby puts it in the microwave and cooks it the entire time the package says and YES it is burned every time! I hate that smell.

I on the other hand stay there wait till the rapid popping stops and take it out. I have explained to him this is how you do it but he says I waste too many kernals because yes some don't pop but my popcorn is not BURNED! So tonight he burned 2 bags..OMG...ha ha ha.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I push the little button on our microwave that has a pic of a popcorn kernel and it is almost always perfect. The mini bags screw me up and I burn them sometimes.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I make mine on the stove.
    Anonymous

• Let him do what he wants don't say anything or act judgey it will only cause isses let him screw up and learn or start doing it on stove top in a small bit of oil cover and shake
    shannon512

Answer by shannon512 at 5:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I cover the bottom of the popper with kernals, put it in the microwave for 2 minutes 10 seconds. Then I melt butter, put the popped corn in a big bowl, pour over melted butter, put in some grated parmesan, shake in a little cayenne pepper.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• We don't eat microwave popcorn. We cook it on the stove with a popper and a little oil. Been doing that for years now. Can't remember the last time I had microwave popcorn.
    When I do make microwave kind I use the popcorn button on our microwave which always needs more time added (usually 30 seconds) but then I stand there and listen and when it stops popping a lot I pull the bag out.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• We either push the popcorn button and stop it when there are 10 seconds left, or remember to poke in the right time for it to not burn. I'd rather have unpopped kernals than burnt ones. Ick.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:07 AM on Jan. 27, 2010