Magick Sisters

I have never had to deal with this before. ...Someone stole my laundry soap. There are only two of us (myself and the guy at the other end of the townhouse) with a key to the laundry room but i KNOW it wasn't him. ...I have a pretty good idea who DID do it but i have no way to prove it and i'm almost positive she/they will do it again when given the chance.

What suggestions do you have to prevent an item from being stolen? I have a few of my own ideas but it's always nice to get new (possibly more effective) ideas.

Usually i just chalk it up to being a loss. Shrug my shoulders and move on. But i'm pretty sure (seeing as she/they have done the same thing to my neighbor) that it will happen again.

TIA

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 10:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yeah, I would definately not leave my soap lying around anymore. And a binding spell should work as well.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't leave my soap where anyone could steal it, for one. Other than that, a binding spell, that they may do no harm to anyone else. And yes, stealing is a form of harm.

BB sister!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Well, she/they shouldn't be able to steal it. It's in the laundry room and only i and my other neighbor have the keys. ...I don't know if he accidentally left the door unlocked OR if she/they have found some other way in. She/they aren't apart of our townhouses but she/they live right behind us.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I have to agree. In most cases the non-magickal route is the easiest. Some more seasoned witches will tell you (and have told me) only to use a magickal answer when all non-magickal answers have been exhausted...

So, my best advice is to not leave your soap there. You could also try to cleanse the room where you keep it and ask that only positive energy be allowed to enter. If their intent is to steal from you they may not be comfortable entering this space that way.

There is also the option of a binding as spiritguide stated...
    But to be honest, I'm not sure I would even bother. Anything stronger than a general blessing could have some Karmic splash back... For something that small, messing with someone else's free will could have repercussions worse than a missing laundry soap.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• hmmm. I'm not sure if my neighbors are comfortable with me doing a cleansing. ...i guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

if the stealing continues i will not leave my laundry soap there any more. But it's so heavy that i'll have to make two trips each time. one trip for my soap the other trip for my laundry. It's really a pain because it's outside. oh well.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Take your soap back to your place when you leave the laundry room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• There may be a couple of things to try before using Magick...
    Maybe get a small laundry cabinet with a key lock to store your stuff in...
    If you are renting, talk to the land owner to have the locks of the door changed...
    If buying talk to your neighbor and ask him if this has happened to him and if
    he would mind you or the two of you change out the lock on the door... new locks are not
    to much...
    Does the place have windows? make sure that they are locked at all times...
    or just simply take your laundry soap back to your place once done...
    I would try non-magickal ideas first... now if this person is trespassing you could report her
    or them to the police too...
    But if all else fails, maybe a simple cleansing of the area will work...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Put bleach or something that will ruin cloths on the soap container. Then when they steel & use your soap it will not be pretty. Then jokes on them isn't it!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Thanks anon. ...but i can't do that. It's against my personal morals.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Dang it Anon! That's exactly what I'd recommend. Just wondering, outstandingLove, why is it against your morals? It is a form of entrapment but that's often legal. Just look at speed traps.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2010