Does your husband, or significant other, treat you better when you're skinnier?

Ok, seriously... ever notice if your husband is nicer/sweeter/more tender and attentive to you when you're in better shape? Or does his attitude towards you suddenly improve when your hair and makeup is all done up? You think that it has something to do with our attitudes, and how we protray ourselves... more confidentally or not... or are these men in our lives really that shallow? What do you think? (and if you can't relate, please don't even bother answering... those of us who deal with this don't wanna hear about how perfect your hubby always treats you no matter how you look, or how you've fit into the same size 2 jeans since highschool so you're not sure if he would treat u any different... thanx)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• nope- I lost 65 lbs a few years ago and huby never said anything nice or changed the way he treated me other than when he mentioned that I was "too boney" (I got to 160 lbs and I'm 5ft 8).
    If I do my hair or wear makeup...he never mentions anything about it. BUT if I dress up in my Goth clothes and DO my makeup to go to a show or something-he will say I look silly...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• NO..I do wonder what he thinks though because when we met I was so tiny! I am now much heavier and losing weight but thats for me not him. He never complains about my weight....
    Anonymous

• Nope, my SO accepts my fat bc it's part of who I am. He wouldn't treat me better if I were skinnier. He's in great shape but he's never said anything ugly about me being overweight.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• no. but he says looking good babe. im 5'7'' and 169lbs. i feel fat so i go exercise. he likes the way i look. but i dont. i still wanna lose like 10 more lbs. i really think he just covers up so he doesnt hurt my feel goods. like last year i weighed 185 and i was not happy. so i think he deep down likes me better skinnier
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I understand where u are coming from. to answer ur question he is friendier and treated me better before i had a child and gain 50 lbs. I am having a very hard time losing the weight and my child is two and I would like anlther baby but he hardly even looks at me. It is very hurtful and he thinks it is easy to get back down to the size I was when we got married. Size 7! Crazy! he keeps telling me to hit the tred mill but it is not that easy. I am scared he won't have anymore children with me because I am over weight. I had a misscarriage two yrs before my son who I said is now 2 before all of that I was between a size 11 to 13. No I am between 16 and 18 and I am stuck. anyways enough about me but to answer ur question it is the male not how we portray our selves. thanks for listening. BRM
    brooklyndm

Answer by brooklyndm at 11:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Seriously? No. Not one bit. Nor do I treat him any differently when he's on the heavy side.

In fact....most of the time my husband doesn't even NOTICE my looks. He hasn't a CLUE that I haven't cut my hair in over a year, and cannot tell the difference when I wear makeup or not. Doesn't register. I may as well have married a blind man.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:42 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yes, not much but when I eat he watches closer. and put snacks away
    shannon512

Answer by shannon512 at 5:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yeah, my husband has been like this, and still is for the most part. His way of telling me I'm fat is to hide anything that he thinks is going to "add to the problem" and suggest that I go out for a walk with the baby so he can get some rest..... I don't think he realizes that he gets more rest than I do since he sleeps through the baby's crying at night while I'm up until 5 am trying to calm her down.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 6:42 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• My ex was like that. He would comment about other women's weight also. You know what he is doing now? Trolling the internet for hook-ups. He was a cold fish who can't care about a person. What a waste of time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Nope. My husband treats me exactly the same regardless. He loved me at my fattest and now that I lost 90 pounds he loves me the same.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2010