Beginning of pregnancy and doc appointment?!?!?

So...I am pregnant, about 5 weeks I just found out. Immediatly started on prenatal vitamins as soon as I found out. My question is this:
The doctor cant et me into the hospital for my initial visit until the 1st of March. I have had 4 miscarriages and a stillborn in the past. I have been unable to get pregnant since then and that was about 5-6 years ago. Now that I am pregnant shouldnt I be at the doctor asap to see if there is anything they can do to insure a successful pregnancy...or will I be ok to wait till the 1st of march to see someone? By that time I will be rounding 9 weeks.

Anxious4Baby

Asked by Anxious4Baby at 10:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Explain your concerns to the doctor and see if they can get you in sooner.
    Anonymous

• I have always been seen right away for a confirmation and general checkup, however I know that in some areas there just aren't as many doctors as patients. 9 weeks isn't that long wait and not to sound pessimistic, if you were to miscarry again there really isn't anything they can do to help you that early. As long as you are taking care of yourself getting checked out by the doctor won't change the outcome of this pregnancy. Best of luck!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i would try to take a easy as much as possible until u can get in..or if u dont feel u should wait try 4 a different doc...
    irishmama0607

Answer by irishmama0607 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• They usually don't see you until close to 10 weeks. I've had two healthy pregnancies, then a miscarriage at 6 weeks(which I didn't know about til 10 weeks), and pregnant now(I'm 28 weeks), my first appointment wasn't until 10 weeks. If you're really concerned call and see if they can't get you in sooner, but there's not really anything they can do if you're going to miscarry or not. Did you explain your pregnancy history when you made the app?? I really really wish you the best of luck with this pregnancy!!!!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• hi op, it's not fair is it. Seems like doctors should be able to at least give us blood work and ultrasounds and then schedule physicals after that based on those results, huh. I do not have breast cancer but with my last pregnancy we thought that I could have breast cancer. I had to wait six weeks for an appointment even with that fear and it was pure hell.

Try hard to rest and focus on keeping busy with your hands to keep your brain busy. Know that should a physical problem come up then you should be seen fairly fast. If you insurance allows it you can look for a different doctor's practice. Some other ones might not be as busy. If you go to a different practice be sure to get all of your other records sent to the new practice. Also if something physical that's troublesome happens you could go to the e r and get a consult with a board certified ob gyn on duty in the e r plus have your own doctor called for their adv.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• ive had 2 m/c before got preg with this one and they got me in when i was 6 weeks cause of my past and also to see how many cause i had twins in 07 that i lost but i would still call around and see if you can get in but try not to worry to much i know its hard but im 15 weeks now so i know it can happen

and good luck i hope everything works out good
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Thank you all so much. I am trying to take it easy, and I am trying not to worry a lot about the situation...I know a stress free mind ad body is vital for my babies health right now. I am going to look into seeing another doctor as soon as possible even if just to ease my mind that everything is on the right track for now. Im just really scared and nervous, as im sure a lot of you can relate with and understand. We are in the army in TN so im sure Tricare wont have an issue with me trying to seek another doc...at least for the time until the doc's on the base can get me in! Thank you all so much for your help...it has helped, and some of your stories have eased my mind a little bit. Please just keep us in your prayers. God Bless...Night CM ladies!!!!
    Anxious4Baby

Answer by Anxious4Baby at 3:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I would ask to talk to your doctor and see if she can make an exception for you knowing you history or maybe look into seeing a doctor that will see you sooner.
    I am now 18weeks pregnant with my 5th baby but had 3previous miscarriages and only one living baby so what I did was interviewed all kinds of doctors looking for the one who seemed set on helping me save my baby. While looking I seen alot of obgyns and also got alot of ultrasounds and that helped ease my mind! Finally I found the one and she now sees me once a week!

I am so sorry for all your heart brake and loss.
    Assila

Answer by Assila at 4:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Switch doctors; find a high-risk specialist

Answer by rkoloms at 8:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2010