Aaaah! Which do I choose???

We are trying to buy a house. We found our DREAM house, at a screaming deal. But it puts us at the top of our budget. We can definitely afford it, with some money around for "emergencies", but we'd be tight each month on money. Or we can go with another house that isn't nearly as perfect, is too small, and is in a not-so-nice area, but we'd have lots of money left over every month. Which do we choose??? Money, or dream house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Dream house, otherwise I think you'll always be unhappy and the extra money can't buy happiness.
    Anonymous

• Dream house, by the time you get done fixing up one that's not perfect already and on top of that STILL not being happy with it you will probably end up spending more in the long run.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Dream house and cut a small extra corner if you feel you need to.
    Anonymous

• Buy what you really want now. It won't be there later. I you don't then you'll regret it.
    You can always find ways to cut back to save a little extra cash, but there's no "Take Backs" in house buying.
    You know what the right thing to do is. Buy your dream house.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I would say dream house- but even a dream house can SUCK if you are too broke to ever leave it and go have any fun.
    I'm living that now...when you are stuck in that house ALL the time- it gets old
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• congratulationsOn your new in advance :).........Get the dream house or you will regret it what if you get the yucky house and something happens to break in and take your extra money....I would rather bust my butt for alittle while and be happy than to get into the small home and always wonder what if...GL Everything will have a way of working it self out.

Anonymous

• Dream...you only live once!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Depends on how often you would use the excess cash to do "things." Do you go out often and need to pay sitters, restaurants, taxis? Do you travel? Buy nice clothes, makeup, tools, blah, blah. If you'd spend a lot of time home, get the dream house.
    Anonymous

• Try to negotiate down the price. I would personally never live in a bad neighborhood having a daughter. You are going to be in the house every day, so get the one you really want and just because it's at the top of your price point doesn't mean you can't negotiate. People are desperate to sell right now, you might walk away with a smokin' deal. I'd go for the dream house!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:25 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Location location location. If the dream house is in a safer neighborhood then I say go for it. One of things I love about my house is it's location. We are almost literally right smack in the middle of the town 15 minutes to anyside of the City and County. Less than 4 miles from my parents, less than two miles from the Hospital and my Husbands work, the school is 1/2 a mile away. Perfect!!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2010