Does anyone else think Bedtime Formula is LAZY?

Not a debate on formula vs breast milk (although I breastfeed), but now people are giving their baby formula that was specifically made so babies will sleep through the night. Parents are getting unbelievably lazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• whether they add something to it or not, if a baby skips a feeding not of their own valition, they are not getting the necessary calories and correct nutrition. i think they should have a warning label so parents can make an informed decision knowing what is in it that causes baby to sleep longer.... if they did that i bet parents could do it on their own anyway
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I agree! DON"T have kids if you don't want to take care of them!
    Anonymous

• I've never heard of that! Any idea what about it is supposed to make them sleep?? That ain't right at all for SO many reasons...geesh
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Lazy and unhealthy. Babies will sleep as long as long as they need, no fake crap needed.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• formula is lazy IMO. and yes its absurd to put something in an already foreign substance to make the baby sleep.
    Anonymous

• Who says it's fake and who are you to judge. A bunch of holier than thou people. Screw you for telling people they shouldn't have kids just because they want their baby to sleep through the night. I'm no sick of you same people putting down other people's parenting. Let's pick yours apart!!! If it's not hurting the child mind your own business!
    Anonymous

• OP~

This is from their site...
    Enfamil RestFull is designed to gently thicken in baby's tummy and digests slowly for a natural way to help keep baby feeling satisfied. So you both can rest better.

Sound healthy?
    Anonymous

• Babies are going to sleep similarly as long formula or breast milk otherwise... at least from my experience. I think if you BF during the day and formula feed at night it is ok. Some people work and need longer stretches if possible. I did bottle and breast so daddy could feed at night sometimes (not to mentioned my little one wouldn't latch very well). It is a choice. Lazyness aside, I don't think you should bash people formula feeding at night. YES breast is best... people still take care of their babies at night... an hour longer of a babies sleep time doesn't mean a parent is lazy.
    I haven't heard of formula made specifically for making babies sleep longer... babies need to set their own clocks though. Feeding should be for nutrition, not stuffing a baby's tummy!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• You act like they are drugging them with a morphine drip, it's formula for crying out loud. So here we fo with the formula debate....ugh amoms better start lactating.
    Anonymous

• Whaaat? I ff at night but Ive never heard of one that is formulated to put your kid to sleep! Thats disappointing. I like to get a full nights sleep as much as anyone but "medicating" your baby to sleep DOES seem pretty lazy to me.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2010