Do you have specific words you say in prayer? Not necessarily

specifica biblical prayers only. I find more comfort in my prayers asking for rest and peace in my life and for the world instead of praying for specific solutions. What words for different situations in life bring you comfort from your God, Higher Being?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 11:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I begin every prayer with "Dear Lord (or some form of this), thank you for ..." It helps put my life in prespective, especially when life seems hectic and everything seems to be falling apart.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• the words ''peace'', ''protection'', ''strength'', and ''thanks'' are pretty common in my prayers.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• Not really. Peace, you're will, Thank you, patience, peace, strength... sometimes I may be reading a book and recite a prayer I have seen, sometimes I may be reading my Bible and something hits me in the face that feels like God speaking to me so that will be my prayer - sometimes a song... It all just depends on where my heart is.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• However Holy Spirit leads me to pray... I pray... english or tongues.... I pray.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• It depends. I pray the Our Father, Hail Mary. Usually I just give thanks to the Lord and say what ever I'm moved to say at the time.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:53 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Wow! I never usually pray formal prayers. For me personally, I don't feel those words in my heart so I feel it is just "going through the motions." I pray to God like I were talking to my husband or best friend. I just try to connect with Him and talk to Him throughout the day about whatever is on my mind. I apologize if I think something I shouldn't (for example, judging a meth addict or calling someone an idiot if they pull out in front of me). I really try to pray for these people instead. Saying something like " Lord, I pray for them salvation, a close relationship with you." It can be hard to always do this and that's why reading the Bible, having strong christian people in your life and going to a church where you belong are very important. Staying connected to God is difficult if your heart isn't in the right place. An encouraging environment really helps me.
    ChereseB

Answer by ChereseB at 11:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Yes. I always praise God first and thank him for everything, and then the rest.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2010