how many calories are u supposta have a day?

and also whats the difference w/ non fat low fat because i hear some ppl say low fat is better than nonfat? idk AND wat is the best kind of milk to buy to help lose weight 1% ,2%, non fat, low fat, whole milk ???i need some help.

michmm03

Asked by michmm03 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• depends on your activity level. generally 1200-2000. skim or 1% is best i believe. basically low fat (plus it helps with weight loss--dairy does) some fats are good for you. i would eat non fat things b/c you get fat in meats, etc.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• It depends. A great website for figuring all of that out is sparkpeople.com. If you answer the questions honestly, they will give you a range for calories, fat, carbs, proteins and some other things. Plus, they give recommendations for exercise. The best part? It's a free site!
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I agree sparkpeople is a great site. I use a combo of both low and non fat i look at sodium content and calories content as well as fat and sugar. Not all low fat/ non fat products are good for you, for example country crock with extra calcium is actually heathier than the promise spread that claims it is better for you but look at the labels and you will see there is no big difference. I use 1% milk and it works fine.

cut out all white carbs and switch to whole grains/whole wheat that change by itself will make a huge difference, stop buying processed boxed and canned foods as your main staples, only buy what you need and even then compare labels.

If you cant stand whole wheat paste try dreamfields, it is amazing and still pretty good for you. For a good outline of a meal plan look up the abs diet, just the food articles alone will help you figure out what to keep on hand.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• Water is the best drink for weight loss; ditch the cow juice.
    When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating. To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I love sparkpeople..that the site I have been using to track my calories and fitness times.They offer such awesome support and tools to aid in your weight loss.Good luck!
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 7:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2010