I was wondering what can I do if my neighbor is doing this to us? I need advice, please.

We've been telling her for months to brake off her thorn mesquite tree that throws all its mess to our property and she doesnt do anything about it, we've also been telling her not to take her chainlink fence off that divides us because its not fair that shes going to keep our wooden fence for herself even though we paid for it, weve told her if she wants it for her too, for her to pay us half or for her just to leave her chainlink there and this morning hubby noticed she did take if off. We were really pissed because she doesnt pay anyone to cut her thorn tree that already flatten our tire and made my 4 yr old poke himself and bleed but she does pay someone to remove her fence. What can we do? We already told the city and they dont want to do anything about it. What about the police will they help? Shes from mexico she only comes in the morning to get her mail and leaves, so I think she just does this to boil our blood.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Small claims court may be your only answer. You can sue for the cost of the tire repair and the injury, and possibly get a court order for removal of the tree.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• there's nothing you can do about her taking her fence down, if you don't like that she is "using" your fence then take it down to spite her bc she payed someone else to take her's down already. as for her thorns, you can cut the one's that creep into your yard and keep them trimmed back so they wont bother you. it may take some getting used to at first but just trim them when you mow your yard.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• I don't think you can do anything unfortunately. The wood fence does "benefit" you both, but to insist that she keep a chainlink fence so that she doesn't "use" yours, doesn't make sense. If there was NO fence there, you'd put one up whether she paid for 1/2 or not. It's your fence. No big deal. The tree thorns is a pain (literally) but if you've asked her and she doesn't trim it, ask her if she minds if you trim it back. We had this with both of our neighbors, except it was honey-suckle taking over the fence. One neighbor said Yes take it down. The other liked it and wanted to keep it, so we cut out what was on our side of the fence. I don't think she's doing it to boil your blood. She may just be a busy person.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• i agree with angevil53. unless she starts damaging your fence, it is on your property and you can't do anything. you can cut the branches that are on your side. are the thorns on "city" property or hers? if it is on city, just rip them out, honestly. they can't be nice to look at either. keep you kid away from them and sweep your driveway if you have to to keep from getting a flat. you might call the police and see if there is anything you can do... they will point you int he right direction.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• We had the same tree and we paid 3 men to brake it down,, they charged 150 dollars, thos trees are huge and you need atleast 3 mean to cut it, its not little branches that we can just trim, its a 100 yr old tree that weighs a ton. Its also throwing black liquid on our concrete driveway cement. Its horrible.
    Anonymous

• on my previous answer I meant "3 men" not 3 mean lol.
    Anonymous

• Oh... well def. ask the police and they will say what you can do. Ask you neighbor to pay for it to be cut out and you will do all the calling to get it done. It might work.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2010

• We gave her the phone number of those men that cut our tree and she said okay but that was like 6 months ago and she still hasnt done anything about it. She paid to get a new chainlink fence all around her yard but took off the one that divides us to keep our wooden one, and the bad thing is that she gets to keep a foot of our yard all on that side cause if she wood of taken the chainlin off before we put the wooden fence we could of made it more out instead of more into our property since the chainlink was in the way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• I hate to say it, poison her tree so it will die. Really. put a hole in it and poison it with something. My mother did that w/ one of her own trees so it must work. Terrible but ?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 27, 2010

• "11:03p.m.second to the last bitchy annonymous I think you seriously need to get laid by your neighbors hahaha! "

Oh Honey, I get laid enough by my man. Thanks for the thoughts though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2010